First Time Visitors
If you are planning on visiting Christiansburg Baptist for the first time, here are a few things to make your experience more comfortable and enjoyable:
- Dress. On any given Sunday you may find a few people dressed in their ‘Sunday best’ – but mostly business casual would describe our attire. You won’t be the only one in blue jeans or golf shirts!
- Parking. There are parking lots in three locations around the building – directly across the street, to the right of the main entrance and down and to the left by the Basement/Fellowship Hall doors. Handicapped spaces are in the lot to the right, are marked with signs and should be easily visible.
- Seating. The main sanctuary is available for seating; there are also a few seats in the balcony, which is accessible by a staircase at the left of the front lobby.
- Worship. Our goal is to use music, prayer, Scripture, video and whatever means available to create a space where God can be encountered and experienced. Our musical style tends to be more traditional and Southern Gospel, with occasional contemporary songs and arrangements.
- Offering. We collect an offering each Sunday as a way for our members to express worship, but as our guest please know we don’t expect you to participate unless you feel led by the Lord.
- Invitation. As we close worship, we make space available for people to respond to the Holy Spirit’s convictions, by coming forward to speak/pray with a pastor, to pray at the altar or make arrangements to be baptized/transfer their church membership. Of course, the opportunity for meeting with a pastor for counsel or prayer, or declaring an intention to profess faith, be baptized or change membership can happen at any time by contacting Cburgbaptist@gmail.com.
Nursery is available for families with small children. For more information, click here.