If you are planning on visiting Christiansburg Baptist for the first time, here are a few things to make your experience more comfortable and enjoyable:
- Dress. On any given Sunday you may find a few people dressed in their 'Sunday best' - but mostly business casual would describe our attire. You won't be the only one in blue jeans or golf shirts!
- Parking. There are parking lots in three locations around the building - directly across the street, to the right of the main entrance and down and to the left by the Basement/Fellowship Hall doors. Handicapped spaces are in the lot to the right, are marked with signs and should be easily visible.
- Seating. At this time we are still reserving the last three rows of pews for worshipers who wish to maintain social distance, but the rest of the sanctuary is available for usage. There are also a few seats in the balcony, which is accessible by a staircase at the left of the front lobby.
- Worship. Our goal is to use music, prayer, Scripture, video and whatever means available to create a space where God can be encountered and experienced. Our musical style tends to be more traditional and Southern Gospel, with occasional contemporary songs and arrangements.
- Offering. We currently have offering collection plates available in the front lobby and on the communion table which you are welcome to contribute to, but as our guest please know we don't expect you to participate unless you feel led by the Lord.
- Invitation. As we close worship, we make space available for people to respond to the Holy Spirit's convictions, by coming forward to speak/pray with a pastor, to pray at the altar or make arrangements to be baptized/transfer their church membership. Of course, the opportunity for meeting with a pastor for counsel or prayer, or declaring an intention to profess faith, be baptized or change membership can happen at any time by contacting Cburgbaptist@gmail.com.